Woodward Trust currently owns four acres of land in the Over-the-Rhine district of Cincinnati which it leases to third parties. Almost all of this property was donated to the trust in 1831 by William Woodward, although certain parcels have been later donated. Several parcels of the original William Woodward property were taken by the City of Cincinnati during the 1970s for the creation of recreational parks.
Under the terms of the original trust document, the properties may not be sold, gifted or otherwise disposed of by the trust. Instead, each property shall be leased for the term of fifteen years at a time, or for a longer period, if the extended lease contains a clause of revaluation every fifteen years. Most of the properties are currently under 99-year, renewable ground leases (each with a clause allowing revaluation of its rent amount every fifteen years).
Property of Woodward Trust is approximately as follows:
Ownership and leases on Woodward Trust property are so recorded with the Hamilton County Auditor. Inquiries are directed to that office or their website (which provides excellent parcel-by-parcel information, history and photographs) at the Hamilton County Auditor's website.